Saturday, February 20, 2010

We've been absent!

Beadraich - I'm sure our absence has been noticed, at least I hope that someone noticed that we hadn't posted anything in a couple of days, other than a picture. Woodsy and I have been busy with lots of events going on, even though it seems we don't do much at times, we still keep crazy hours.

I've learned that course crew work is for expert skiers, something I'm not. I've also learned that even though I'm comfortable with most tasks involving fencing, the actual race course maintainance work is something that I have very little understanding of yet. However, today, I had the opportunity to work under the tutelage of Jim Long. Jim seems about as gruff as someone who has worked in the oil fields and even on an oil Rig off the coast of Newfoundland can get.

Now, for the really exciting stuff. Woodsy and I took some time yesterday to free ski. With a day off, and a few more coming along soon, we are looking forward to skiing some more. The terrain looks endless, the runs bottomless, and yesterday the ski a shade of blue that seemed unmatchable. you can guess that we enjoyed our day of skiing.

The view from the top coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment