Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Last Day!

Beadraich - Sadness prevails as we spend today saying goodbye to new friends, and a new love called Whistler Mountain.

Yesterday Woodsy and I spent the day skiing with our hosts, Elly and Pat. They took us over some bumps, and through powder, including a small amount of glades skiing. All new experiences that sufficiently tested our skills. We then enjoyed some time with at the Weasel House with our new friends, and met Kelly Vanderbeek, a Gold Medallist from Torino.

Today, Woodsy and I both fighting the Weasel Cough, ventured up to do some turns with my cousin who is a RCMP posted to Whistler Mountain for the Olympics. Bryan has many years experience skiing out here and took us for a few turns, until Woodsy went home for a nap. Bryan and I continued to look for powder stashes and cruising runs.

With tired legs we made our way to the Gondola, and I checked out for the last time. In to see Leah at the accreditation and check-in house where I received my thank you gift from Vanoc.

No comments:

Post a Comment