Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Relaxing


Woodsy - Today was our first day off. Beadraich and I slept in, which was very nice as we have been getting up very early. We had a leisurely morning, watching tv, visiting with Graydon (as we haven't seen her since our first day), our hosts and their niece and her husband. I had a massage which I really enjoyed, which my sore body really needed. It wasn't quite the same as my usually massage from Craig but it was still good. Beadraich and I then headed to the Village for lunch at Splitz, which has Zagat rated burgers. They were really good. Here is a picture of them weighing the patties. We walked around the village, looked in some of the shops and then went on the Whistler Gondola to the Peak to Peak across to Blackcomb. It was amazing! Beadraich is posting some pics. We watched the hockey game on a big screen from Longhorn's patio in the Village. Once again, I draped the Canadian flag around my shoulders.

The spirit is unreal here. Lots of people are dressed up in all sorts of costumes, flags etc.

We are both back to work tomorrow at 8 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Great photos of the gondola. Have you hung out with Gold Medal Winner Maelle Ricker's father. He is a weasel like you guys!!!!!

    Adam O'C

    ReplyDelete