Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Random Ramblings about underwear and random generosity

Beadraich - Anyone who knows me, will know that some of Woodsy's sarcasm may have rubbed off on me. So today I noticed that the Facebook page of the "base layer" that Woodsy and I love Icebreaker that they were going to be outfitting the entire New Zealand Olympic team with base layers, socks, scarfs and hats. I had to make a comment, so I sarcastically asked if they were going to outfit some Canadian Volunteers too.

I must say I was actually blown away when they responded to me with the name and e-mail address for their Canadian Marketing Director as a person I should contact. So, I did send him a nice e-mail and received a response within an hour. (I love this company even more now)

So, for any of you who ski, snowboard, snowshoe, hike, cycle, run, walk, dance, frolic, mountain climb, or just like being outside in all weather, check out www.icebreaker.com this stuff is warm, soft, not itchy, and doesn't smell.... even after several days of Beadraich style sweating in it.

So... there is my plug for the day, and Icebreaker stuff is available at Kenmark Snow Sports

I can also say, I had an incredible experience tonight. I re posted a friends request on facebook for a slighly used snowboard suit for a young girl she knows, whose family can't afford it, and this girl really deserves something good. Well, within 3 hours, one of my facebook contacts, quickly and anonymously stepped up with a solution. It's a nice reminder that I'm surrounded by some incredible people, and that good things come together when they need to.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michael and Beverly-Ann,

    Thank you for this Icebreaker posting on your Blog, it is great to hear that you are such fans of Icebreaker and the Outdoors.

    Nice work on becoming Olympic Volunteers. I am sure that you are going to have an amazing time on the hill and will get to meet tons of new and exciting people from all over the Globe!!!

    Take in every bit of the experience as I am sure it will go by quick. If you get a chance wave to us as the skiers go by so we can see you on TV.

    As well, if you have a chance please don't be shy, come and visit us at our office in Vancouver. We love visitors.

    All the best with you travels to the West Coast and see you soon.

    Kent Hawkins
    Marketing Manager
    Icebreaker Canada

    ReplyDelete