Tuesday, December 1, 2009

71 Days - But I'm not counting!

Beadraich - I'm starting to get excited, people are subscribing to this little blog which is just a place for us to share our stories and misadventures while realizing a lifelong dream. So, thank you to everyone who is subscribing, and following us. Woodsy and I both appreciate all of the encouragement and support. It's a huge cliche, but for me that encouragement and support really makes it easier and more enjoyable each step of the way.

I have been put in touch with a fellow volunteer who is the self described "Older/Ski Bum Brother" of one of my colleagues in KW. This Ski Bum has spent his life chasing snow, and finding ways to work in the industry so he can ski for free. (Yes, I'm jealous) Sounds like a great guy who is volunteering to learn more about the Weasels, Whistler's very own group of volunteers who make each and every world cup race and now the olympics possible. I'm looking forward to grabbing a few runs with this new friend and hearing some stories of Big White and some of the other BC resorts.

Reflecting on why I want to do this, I keep coming back to the people I'm going to meet. The pints that will be drank at the volunteer pub, and the opportunity to help showcase what a great country I'm blessed to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment