Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Uniforms, schedules, companions

Woodsy - I have to admit the designers of the Vanoc Volunteer uniforms knew what they were doing! When I first saw the pictures, I was a bit shocked. For some reason I thought the uniforms would feature red and white. As you can see from one of Beadraich's posts, they are blue, turquoise etc. While shopping this weekend we visited several ski shops and they are all carrying these colours.

With receiving our official schedules last night everything is becoming "real". It is very exciting. I am anxiously awaiting the local ski hills to open (it has been unusually warm here for November) so that I can test my new ski boots and demo some new skiis!

I had dinner last week with our travelling companion, Annette. Annette and I used to work together, and we have kept in touch over the years. Annette's volunteer position is concierge in the Village. I'm sure you will hear more about her as we get closer to our departure date.

No comments:

Post a Comment